- 240g Drained chick peas
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 25ml Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees/Gas mark 8
- Roast whole garlic cloves for 6 mins.
- In a food processor blend chick peas and roasted garlic.
- Slowly add olive oil and salt.
- When smooth (the same texture as smooth peanut butter) remove to a plastic tub and tightly wrap. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make red pepper hummus: roast 1 red pepper whole, peel and deseed.
- Dry the pepper in kitchen paper and add to the chickpeas during blending.
Serve with toasted pitta breads or crudités.
Note: when making season with salt and taste constantly as the chickpeas will absorb a lot of salt.